Lunch/ drinks will be provided.
Time: August 23rd @ 10:30am.
Must RSVP to attend (free event)
Even for the best trained pianists improvisation can be bewildering. Come join us as our next Stilwell Pianos workshop for an instructional seminar with Dan Delaney, acclaimed Jazz Pianist, Educator, and author ad he sheds light on the compelling subject. This free seminar is designed for teachers of all experience levels who want to expand their personal and professional abilities.
- Diatonic Improvisation: Will show you how simple it truly can be.
- The power of chord tones: How chord tones play an important part of our improvisational world.
- Intervallics: A unique still Dan developed using intervals.
- Modes: The relationship of chords and scales.
- The Blues Scales: a fun playground for improvisation
- Texture ReleaseL The power of narrow and wide intervals.
- Counterpoint: 2 hand independence creating interest.
- 9-1 Improvisation:
- Learn about Dans skill he developed and has taught for over 30 years.
- Melodic Displacement: Separate the hands to compliment each other.
- Improvise Using Frames: An effective display blocking off sections of the piano to take your improvisation to the next level.